Monday, September 27, 2010

School Holidays

When I was working school holidays were something I always counted down to of course. As soon as I had Zack I of course wasn't working and school holidays to me were not the best. It means that the SIL come down and of course brings many emotions.

1. Fear- Because there is usually some kind of fight between them all which in turn makes it a horrible and stressful time for James which in turn makes it horrible for me. Especially when it is James that they gang up on.

2. Frustration- They use to ring up at 7like pm and ask us there for tea. For god sake we have a young child we have had tea or are about to have tea. At the moment I don't need to worry about this but instead they turn up here at tea time. This REALLY pisses me off and I know it annoys Jim too. A couple of weekend ago when they were down they were well aware we hadn't had tea and they didn't leave till 9pm. Way past Zacks bed time. Disrespectful if you ask me.

3. Stress- Now the stress about Zack having to go down to the IL's, well just around MIL. Now that I am"not welcome there anymore" he goes without me (which is another thing that pisses me) and now I can't protect him when she calls him names. AND most probably talk horribly about me and my family to him. (OK this probably isn't happening YET but it is happening with my SIL {that has split with James's brother} she bag's there grandmother to them and started there mother now. They are old enough to know to tell her off (12 and 14).

4. Scheming- I scheme ANY WAY I CAN to stop Zack (and use to be myself) from having to go there. I use to stay in bed and breastfeed him to put him back to sleep so we didn't have to go there. Just this past weekend I made pancakes so he wouldn't get there in time to see MIL bc she would be at church. I have become the master schemer but there is always times I have nothing:-(

5. Paranoia- I clean, clean, clean the house more than I would any other time, because I know they will be here more often and I think they are judgemental. It shouldn't worry me but it does for some reason. James always tells me I am being silly but I can't help it. So I am currently doing a big clean up (well as big as you can with a cat napping 2month old and a 2.5 year old).

There is soooooo many more emotions but it makes me sad that I feel like this just bc the IL will be more in my life during the holidays they are ment to be relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment