Sunday, June 26, 2011

A new car


I have wanted a new car since.....well feels like forever but really its been 5-6 years. We have sold my little uni car, James got a ute for work (he was driving my car and I had his car with the kids). I hate his car. Its a rodeo twin cab and while it has lots of room in the back for all the kids stuff, its rough as hell in the back for the kids and its manual which I hate, oh and it is a bit of a dud of a car and has been since we bought it new.

Anyway I have been asking and looking for a car for years, first James said when you get a job, I got a part time then full time and still no car. You see he wants a Prado, I would love a prado BUT it is so out of our price range even second hand. I try to talk him into something we can afford and he won't budge.

Yesterday on our way out o town we drive past a Prado. We decide to pull over and see how much they have on it. I tell James want to bed $38 000- $45 000 and he goes if so it is ours. I thought ok yeah with what money haha. As we pull up the owner who we know (friends brother) came out and told us he was after $30000 for it. Now there isn't a scratch on it and is very well looked after. I think oh I wish but we are like $10000 short still James why do you insist on wishing and hoping on something we can't afford. James is very excited.

The story goes on...James says dad almost bought me a new ute on Thursday for $10000 at an auction, maybe they will lend us the money and we can pay them back. He said especially for a car for you dad would prob lend it (bc he loves me LOL). THEN I have to think hmmmm as much as I would LOVE a new car do I want the whole we own the car (even though they will only own a1/3 of it). Beth really wants to control us I don't know if I want to give her a chance to have something over us. She wants to keep our car and get rid of an older car they have.

BUT I want to try for our next baby and we need a car that can fit 3 car seats across the back and our current car doesn't, but like I keep telling James why cant we just get a car we can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment