Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hematoma's


At my 8 week date scan, the ultrasound tech asked me to wait around in town to see my dr before going home. I knew it must mean something is wrong. I didn't panic to much as I saw and heard babies heartbeat and it was nice and strong and baby was measuring spot on so at least I knew baby was healthy. After a 2 hour wait the dr told me I had a large hematoma. He told me it could break away taking the baby with it. This scared the shit out of me. He also told me that most of the time it is fine but to expect to bleed soon.

I went home and jumped on google which gave me hope. Although everything said about bleeding and bleeding. Week after week went on and I was just waiting to bleed. I did take it easy though I was told not to lift anything to heavy. My 12 week scan came up and I still hadn't had any bleeding. I SOOOOOOOOO wanted to hear the hematoma is gone. The ultrasound tech wouldn't tell me anything even when I asked all she said was they will compair the size from the last scan and the results will be sent to your dr. I was devistated! Ob's appointment was the following Tuesday and the results were not in yet, talked about pissed. She told me these is nothing I can do about the hematoma so don't worry about it now it is later on if it doesn't go is when it could cause problems by taking away the placenta. Great a misscarriage is horrible but the last thing I want is a stillborn I couldn't handle that.

Thursday my dr rang me and told me my downs and other test came back low risk 1-24000 and 1-12000 so that was a relief. He also told me that I now had two small hematomas. Yay! I am guessing it must be going. I really hope by the 16th Jan 2012 when I go for my next scan it is all gone. I can't wait to find out the sex of bub.

Drama's of pregnancy. But I am still yet to have a bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment